When a client walks into a beauty salon, what are they looking for? Escapism, tranquillity and a sense of luxury. Whether they are a weekly customer or an exhausted mum in serious need of a pick-me-up, a visit to a beauty salon is more than just a treatment, it is a therapy. Everything from the relaxing music to the inviting waiting area needs to offer an experience.
If you want to open your own beauty salon, or expand your business to another location, we have everything you need to know and information on how to secure beauty finance.
Salon business essentials
Before we get to the equipment you need for your salon, it is important first to consider the business essentials. These include but are not limited to:
- Point of sale system - This will enable your clients to pay for the treatments you offer and gives you the ability to offer different methods of payment.
- A telephone - Consider whether you would like to use a mobile or a landline and how freely you will be able to answer the phone; whether you are present at the salon or not.
- A business sign - This will feature your logo and business name. The perfect business sign for a salon will look professional and inviting.
- Window dressings - Think of your window dressings as the front cover of your shop. It will be what invites people in and enhances the aesthetics of your business. Customers are enticed by what they see so your window dressings should be what draw people in.
- Salon booking software - Think about how you want to manage your bookings for yourself and any staff you employ. A diary system will enable you to organise your bookings effectively and allows customers to easily book an appointment on your website.
Beauty salon equipment essentials
Now we have your salon business ready with all the essentials, it’s time to kit out the interior! With the help of beauty finance you can be free to set your beauty salon up with the professional equipment you need to give your clients the luxurious treatments they deserve. These include:
- Styling chairs - Whether your client is sinking into a chair for a pedicure or sitting up having their hair done, the chair they are sitting in should be as comfortable and relaxing as the treatment they receive. There are many different styles of chairs available to suit your salon aesthetic in varied price ranges.
- Hair washing station - To give your clients a therapeutic hair wash and enable you to reach products and tools easily.
- Massage beds - The ultimate treatment for relaxation requires a comfortable bed for your clients.
- Lighting - Your lighting determines the atmosphere you are creating and this can entirely change the feel of your salon.
- Reception desk - For most clients, the reception desk will be their first point of contact with your salon. For this reason, you want your reception desk to create a professional and friendly atmosphere.
- Mirrors - Mirrors add light to a space and are very aesthetically pleasing. They are also a crucial addition to any beauty salon where clients want to be able to see the “new them” that the stylists have created.
Salon tools and supplies
So you have kitted your salon out with your business essentials and the larger, more expensive equipment. Now it is time to fill your space with your tools of the trade!
It will depend on what beauty services you are offering for what supplies you need. We have compiled a list of the basics to get you started:
Beauty salon supplies:
- Nail supplies - nail polishes, nail files, gel lamp (if required)
- Hair removal products - waxing strips, wax, wax pot
- Professional spray tan products - spray tan system, extraction unit, hair caps
- Lash and brow kits - tint, lash serum, las glue, tweezers, brushes
- Massage products - linens, massage oil and creams, stool
- Facial products - cleansers, toners, masks, creams, oils
Hair salon supplies
- Hairdressing scissors and razors - for a variety of hair types
- Hairdressing towels and gowns - matched to your salon aesthetic
- Hair extensions and equipment - various colours and lengths
- Hair colour supplies - hair dye, colour mixing bowls, tube squeezers, bleach applicators, plastic protective capes, colour brushes
- Brushes and combs - round brushes, paddle brushes, backcomb brushes
- Hair care products - shampoo, conditioner, hair styling products
- Perming products - chemicals, perming lotion, neutraliser
- Hairdressing electrical items - straighteners, hair dryers, curling tongs
Ready to start your beauty salon?
In an industry where aesthetics, luxury and products are everything, we want you to be able to kit your salon out in exactly the way you want it. We can help you create the perfect space to bring in customers and they can leave feeling utterly pampered.
At Union Business Finance, we pride ourselves on working with over 100 lenders to bring you some of the best loans available. We offer:
- Easy application process
- Fast review times
- Quick release of funds
- The best customer service in the business!
If you are interested in beauty finance check out what we offer, or talk to us now!